Electric Power Systems Engineer
Posted on: November 10, 2018
A Electric Power Systems Engineer job in Dayton, OH is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor---s Degree and eight years of professional experience in complex electrical hardware design. In this role, you will be responsible for working with a multidisciplinary team engaged in developing a new generation of Power Electronic systems for the Aviation industry using state of the art power semiconductors and electronics.
Electric Power Systems Engineer job duties:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Design, test, and troubleshoot analog and digital electronics circuits
- Analog circuits design may include analog filters, transistor circuits, op-amp circuits, interface circuits, signal conditioning, AD and DA converters, on-board power supplies
- Digital circuits design including micro controllers, FPGA, communication interface circuits, logic families and digital memory
- Design and specify magnetic components (inductors and transformers) for analog circuits, including materials
- Create EMI compliant designs and follow EMC best practices as they apply to analog and digital designs
- Provide guidance for the layout of PCBs; define power planes, critical circuits, and circuit board
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s Degree in Engineering, Masters in Electrical or Electronic Engineering Preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in complex electrical hardware design
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Due to the nature of our work US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required Desired experiences and skills include:
- Experience with Altium schematic capture tool and circuit simulation tools, LTSpice preferred
- Experience with high power electronics design (AC / DC Rectifiers, DC / DC Converters, DC / AC Inverters) preferred
- Specifications DO-178B, DO-254, DO-160, and Mil-Std-810
- Experience with iron bird, copper bird, or Systems Integration Labs (SILs)
- Conformity experience using FAA certification process, Part 25 If you are interested in this Electric Power Systems Engineer job in Dayton, OH, please apply via the ---apply now--- link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Keywords: Belcan, Dayton , Electric Power Systems Engineer, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!