Cognitive Data Scientist
Posted on: July 13, 2019
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an
opening for a Cognitive Data Scientist to work at our customer site
on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated, talented
and experienced Cognitive Data Scientist to work as part of a
leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team.
Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy
working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative
The Cognitive Data Scientist will contribute to the Warfighter
Program supporting AFRL/RHA. The Warfighter program provides the
Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies
to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of
operationally-relevant platforms and roles.
You will work as the Cognitive Data Scientist to as a member of a
research team investigating the effects of dynamic task
reallocation in human-machine teams. You will support the
development of computational cognitive models and/or machine
learning models that provide Real Time or near-Real Time analysis
of loaded cognitive capacities in multi-tasking environments. You
will also work with team members to integrate physiological
measures of cognitive load with the analysis of loaded cognitive
capacities to facilitate decision making of adaptive
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment with
government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts,
and military personnel.
- Have a BS with 4 plus years experience or a Masters with 2+ years
of experience, or a Ph.D. in cognitive science, psychology, or
- Experience developing and/or applying computational cognitive
models and/or machine learning models within applied settings
- Statistical analysis expertise (eg, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or
- Working knowledge/familiarity with Java
- Working knowledge/familiarity with Python
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with
- Experience identifying and resolving technical problems that
affect cost, schedule, and performance
- Passion for learning new knowledge and skills
- Desire to work with others in a research environment
- Be a US Citizen. NO non-citizens will be considered.
- Be capable of obtaining a DOD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience developing models within the ACT-R cognitive
- Knowledge of physiological signal processing (EEG, eye tracking,
- Knowledge of theories/model implementations of cognitive load
Keywords: Leidos, Dayton , Cognitive Data Scientist, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!