Acquisition Logistician, Journeyman (SOF/40)*
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Title: Acquisition Logistician, Journeyman
Job Location: WPAFB, OH
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for an Acquisition
Logistician, Journeyman supporting the Special Operations Forces
and Personnel Recovery Division (AFLCMC/WIS). The WIS mission is to
provide full life-cycle acquisition management for AC/HC/MC-130J
and Special Warfare Airman equipment modernization.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small
business committed to providing world-class technical, management,
and training support services to government and public sector
clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver
superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to
mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with
exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We
accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning
stages, through implementation, and into operations and
Duties include, but not limited to:
* Provide Life Cycle Logistics technical expertise for the
day-to-day management of the 12 Integrated Product Support
Elements: Product Support Management; Sustaining Engineering;
Design Interface; Supply Support; Maintenance Planning and
Management; Support Equipment; Facilities and Infrastructure;
Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation; Technical Data;
Manpower and Personnel; Training and Training Support; and Computer
Resources in accordance with AFI-63-101/20-10, AFPAM 63-128, and
the Product Support Manager Guidebook.
* Provide advisory assistance to develop and document recommended
logistics inputs for PWSs, Requests for Proposals and Contract Data
Requirements Lists (CDRL) for assigned programs.
* Prepare for and participate in program reviews, meetings, working
groups, and integrated product teams as requested by the
Government. Gather and compile information, prepare briefing
charts, finalize meeting minutes, and track action item
* Prepare and coordinate correspondence and reports.
* Provides assistance in the preparation of budget estimates and
evaluation of cost, schedules, performance, and program risks.
* Provide advisory assistance on evaluating change proposals and
drafting directives, military specifications, and standards for
logistics program impacts resulting from each proposed change.
* Provide advisory assistance to compile Contract Performance
Assessment Reporting System inputs.
* Monitor fielded systems and provide advisory assistance in
determining if the systems meet product support metrics.
* Assist in maintenance planning and management activities for the
life cycle for all levels of maintenance.
* Perform warranty management support.
* Develop supply support requirements to meet program availability
metrics and ensure supplies are procured, cataloged, and
* Provide advisory assistance to manage the acquisition and
sustainment of technical data.
* Provide advisory assistance to prepare plans necessary to
activate bases receiving new aircraft and equipment.
* Provide advisory assistance to accomplish Depot Source of Repair
decisions and implement Depot Maintenance Activation Planning.
* Review, evaluate, process, and track Support Equipment
Recommendation Data, provide assessment of the Support Equipment
(SE) programs, and provide recommendations to the Government to
ensure proper SE is available by the established need date.
* Assess facilities requirements to provide recommendations to the
Government to ensure adequacy to operate and support the system,
subsystem, or end-items.
* Evaluate the Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation
requirements and provide recommendations to the Government to
ensure proper processes and procedures are implemented.
* Review and assess the training and training equipment/system
program, plans and schedules and make recommendations to the
Government regarding potential improvements, issues, and risks.
* Provide Government Furnished Property (GFP) technical expertise;
identify concerns, risks, and issues; and provide recommended
courses of action to the Government in the day-to-day management of
* BS + 3 years' experience or AA + 7 years' experience or HS + 9
* 2 years' experience with government acquisition
* Active Secret Security Clearance required
* Knowledge of Logistics Data Systems (Centralized Asset Management
(CAM)) as well as a basic knowledge of the Logistics Requirement
Determination Process (LRDP) and the Planning, Programming,
Budgeting, and Execution development process is highly
* Building 46, Area B
* Some travel may be required
The Contractor Will Not Discharge Or In Any Other Manner
Discriminate Against Employees Or Applicants Because They Have
Inquired About, Discussed, Or Disclosed Their Own Pay Or The Pay Of
Another Employee Or Applicant. Odyssey Systems Consulting Group,
LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment
Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National
Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or
Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran
Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local
Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Odyssey, Dayton , Acquisition Logistician, Journeyman (SOF/40)*, Other , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!