Specialty Sales Consultant, Toledo
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company
focused on improving patients lives by identifying, developing and
commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical
needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio
and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that
can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of
the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates
to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you ll explore our career openings and get to know
The Specialty Sales Consultant Neuroscience is responsible for
direct promotion of Jazz Pharmaceuticals products, and the
development and management of business relationships with
therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory.
The Specialty Sales Consultant (SSC) is an integral part of the
commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales
and marketing functions. The Specialty Sales Consultant will
implement Jazz Pharmaceuticals marketing strategies and marketing
tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives. This
position is within The Sleep Business Unit, and reports directly to
a Regional Sales Manager.
MUST HAVE PHARMACEUTICAL SALES EXPERIENCE
THE SPECIALTY SALES CONSULTANT (SSC) WILL:
* Educate physicians and other health care professionals about Jazz
Pharmaceuticals products, providing the most current information
about the approved indications for the company s products
* Achieve individual sales goals and productivity objectives
* Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the
exchange of medical and product information in line with the
company s policies, regulatory and legal requirements
* Analyze the SSC s designated territory to understand prescribing
and decision processes and any marked differences from national
* Utilize all available resources to educate HCP and staff on
* Collaborate with office staff to manage patient flow
* Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations
within assigned territory
* Prepare a business plan and territory tactical plan for the SSC s
* Implement approved plans within established time lines
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and
other health care professionals identified in business plans
* Work with cross functional MSL, Managed Market and Access and
Reimbursement teams to compliantly meet the needs of physicians,
health care professionals, and patients
* Present a positive and professional image of Jazz
Pharmaceuticals, and ensure activities are consistent with and
enhance the company s ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and
* Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and
Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code,
OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state
* Perform all activities within allocated budget
* Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
* Must have a minimum of five years of pharmaceutical sales
experience in retail market place
* Proven track record of meeting or exceeding pharmaceutical
products sales goals in retail pharmacy market
* At least two years of specialist sales experience is preferred
(i.e. neurologists, pulmonologists, psychiatrists, or sleep
* Current relationships with hospitals, sleep labs, neurologists,
pulmonologists, sleep specialist and Psychiatrists preferred
* Hospital/Account based experience and closed access account
navigation is preferred
* Sleep and Central Nervous System therapeutic sales experience is
* Strong experience with retail pharmacy products
* Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and
applicable disease states desired
* Strong understanding of payer landscape, and the ability to
discuss managed care criteria for a high value retail product
* Experience in the planning and execution of launch and push and
pull through strategies of new products in a live and/or virtual
* Demonstrated ability to influence health care professionals in
both live and virtual settings
* Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and
strong planning and organizational skills are required
* Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Frequent travel between meeting sites.
* Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other
similar office machinery.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office
environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes,
vibrations and temperature changes.
* Frequent computer laptop or tablet use in both live and virtual
* Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include
working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business
* Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
and PPE s.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Dayton , Specialty Sales Consultant, Toledo, Professions , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!