Company: Stillwater Technologies LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Plant Superintendent POSITION SUMMARY: The Plant
Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the daily operations
of the manufacturing plant and its employees. This individual
manages and coordinates all manufacturing activities through
subordinate supervisory personnel. Utilizes knowledge of product
technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of
machines and equipment to facilitate production. Works with
executive staff to plan business objectives, to develop
organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations
between departments and to establish responsibilities and
procedures for attaining objectives. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes and maintains a presence on the shop floor to drive
a culture of performance. Engages floor supervisors in driving
culture consistent with Stillwater's 24 winning fundamentals.
- Actively manages production supervisors on a daily basis to
ensure safety, productivity and compliance with Company policies by
shop floor employees.
- Maintains and revises production schedules and priorities as
result of new customer orders, equipment failure or operating
- Coordinates production activities with procurement,
maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum
production and utilization of human resources, machines, and
- Communicates with sales personnel to clarify production and
quality control standards, to obtain data regarding types,
quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
and to report on concerns regarding nonconformance or timing
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures
designed to eliminate operating problems, improve
efficiency/productivity and improve product quality.
- Evaluates performance of supervisors for compliance with
established policies and objectives of the Company.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance,
and operations reports to determine causes of nonconformity with
product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as
promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Participates in the development of the corporation's plans and
programs as a strategic partner, including human resources
planning, capital investment planning and strategic direction
- Manages vendor relationships with machine equipment
manufacturers and reps and negotiates purchases of new
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and
procedures of the organization that will improve the overall
operation and effectiveness of the corporation. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8-10 years of related industry experience.
- Contracts and negotiation experience.
- Master's degree.
- 10-15 years of related industry experience.
Keywords: Stillwater Technologies LLC, Dayton , Plant Superintendent, Professions , Troy, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!