Lead Cyber Analyst, Splunk Development & Administration
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: US (remote)
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long
learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Cybersecurity Engineer position supports the Fusion Center as
an escalation point identifying and addressing potential Splunk
content/level I and II engineering security concerns as this role
serves as a point of escalation. This role is also responsible for
supporting Security application(s) patching, content creation as
requested from all stakeholders, and development of process
- Serves as Splunk developer responsible for creating Security
Information and Event Management (SIEM) content to monitor security
events and detect potential security incidents across the
enterprise. Responsible for SIEM content management, content
creation, rule tuning, reporting and alert creation
- Provide knowledge of recognizing and onboarding new data
sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for parsing purposes to
make it CIM compliant, then building dashboards to fulfill
- Provide skillful knowledge within a Linux environment, editing
and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Work with other Cybersecurity Engineering team members and
interact with end users to gather requirements, perform
troubleshooting, and aid with the creation of Splunk search queries
and dashboards as required.
- Interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot performance alerts from the Splunk infrastructure
or Splunk agents
- Assist in the testing of vendor patches for all security
applications the Engineering team supports.
- Maintain the Cybersecurity Engineering group in ServiceNow and
ensure all request and incident SLA's are met as required by our
- Document and update the Team's process and Data Ingestion
- Actively seek to improve and develop new content based upon
observed security activity
- Provide excellent customer service
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected
organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and
go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and
lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of
delivering with excellence.
The -3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The
team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly
changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks,
and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat
intelligence, and building a security culture across the
organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business
Administration, or relevant educational or professional
- 5 years of related experience including at least 2 years
experience with Splunk Administration.
- Strong Working Knowledge of the Splunk Platform.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and issues, as well as
installation and Splunk upgrades
- Strong experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and providing
solutions for technical issues.
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Experience in Syslog, Splunk HTTP Event collection (HEC).
- Experience in ingesting logs from DB Connect app.
- Experience creating Alerts, Dashboards and reports in Splunk
- Experience in requirement gathering and documentation.
- Experience in Log parsing, lookups, calculated fields
extractions using regular expression(regex).
- Experience in Developing Splunk Dashboards, Report, Alerts,
Visualizations and Optimize searches.
- Hands-on Experience in Splunk Content Development.
- Sound judgment skills and ability to manage escalations.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- Splunk Core User Certification
- Splunk Core Power User Certification
- Splunk Admin Certification
- Experience with Data Models
- Experience with writing correlated searches
- Writing Scripts and configure in Splunk Servers.
- Understanding of all Splunk backend components
- Experience with Splunk integration to AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Knowledge and experience in GIT.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of
factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the
applicable geographic differential associated with the location at
which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical
for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for
their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts
and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the
current range is $86425 to $159165.
Keywords: Deloitte, Dayton , Lead Cyber Analyst, Splunk Development & Administration, Professions , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!