Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.This is an advanced level support role that reviews a
variety of customer applications and works cooperatively with
sales, operations and internal research and development
departments. This position works closely with sales to develop and
influence technical relationships at external Groeneveld
Lubricating Systems, Interlube and Beka customers. This role works
with external customers to solve application problems which
includes translating customer needs into new applications for
Timken GVLS and related products, evaluating customer applications,
and occasional on-site or remote, real-time application
problem-solving with external customers. This role will supervise
the technical sales support team in Dayton. Essential
- Leads in the selection and configuration of standard and custom
products to meet customers' application requirements.
- Represent field sales force for all operations needs by
coordinating as single point of contact with plant operations,
quality, shipping inventory and finance on a need basis.
- Directs the Dayton technical service department.
- Use basic CAD software (drafting, modeling, assembly),
including finished customer and finished source prints and
- Uses technical experience to deploy approprirate products for
customers and suggest additional and/or alternative products or
services to meet customers needs.
- Quotes standard and customized products for three primary
markets; on-road, off-road and industrial applications.
- Supports operations in product assembly process by identifying
and developing; layouts, productivity improvements and expansion
- Directs the development and final approval of Bill of
Materials, including; quality, accuracy and on-going
- Support the Sales Process: Present technical information to
customers. Assist Sales Engineer in their effort to influence
buying decisions of customers.
- Work with external customers to support new opportunities.
Evaluate customer applications for lubrication system selection.
Advise external customers on lubrication system selection and
arrangement, mounting methods, fitting (loom) practice and
lubricant suggestions, etc.
- Work directly with external customers to solve application
issues, troubleshoot as needed as well as resolves customer
- New Business Development: Submit ideas for improvements and
enhancements to existing or new products.
- Conduct industry or technology research, and identify trends.
Share observations and conclusions with New Business Development
associates to guide future development.
- Knowledge Transfer: Serve as instructor for technical training
classes both internal and external. Coach/mentor new associates.
15. Generate technical notices, bulletins, catalogs and brochures.
Assist in trade shows. Qualifications:Bachelors Degree with 4 years
experience or 9 years experience needed. All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Dayton , Technical Supervisor, Professions , Miamisburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!