Company: Reid Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the enterprise interface
environment. This includes the implementation, configuration,
coordination, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, monitoring,
and support documentation of interfaces between various hospital
applications. Integrations can include HL7, batch, custom scripts,
etc. as required. Incumbent must ensure the interface environment
maintains the highest reliability and performance along with
keeping the environment on the cutting edge of current
technologies. Incumbent works closely with other Information
Technology staff serving as a technical coordinator between
departments, our Epic system, and outside vendors. In-depth
knowledge of Epic software is obtained by attending Epic training
with completion of application certification projects and tests.
Training may be onsite at Verona, Wisconsin or virtually from the
- Develops and maintain system interfaces.
- Focuses on HL7 integration supporting back-end processes for
financial and clinical applications and reporting.
- Leads analysis of current state.
- Works with end-users and project teams to analyze and document
data and workflow processes.
- Analyzes interface specifications from both the sending and
receiving systems to determine feasibility and interface
- Ensures proper system integration and functional performance of
- Develops scripts to move data files and reports between
- Assists with maintenance of integrated infrastructure including
routine support, upgrades, problem diagnosis and performance
- Provides technical subject matter expertise and business
process knowledge to project teams analyzing systemic or process
issues within assigned areas.
- Provides input on alternative solutions ensuring project team
is fully educated on required effort, technical constraints, and
impacts to existing system stability.
- Assists departments / project teams in defining requirements
for new systems.
- Assists project manager in development of project plans
focusing on technical work requirements and effort.
- Participates in vendor selection process including
demonstrations and functional comparison activities.
- Leads system design teams ensuring all business processes are
addressed within specifications.
- Provides input into contract / statement of work for new
systems / functionality in supported areas.
- Provides input to design team in development of updated process
diagrams and any other elements of the design as defined by the
- Writes design specifications.
- Completes system build / development tasks based on design
- Completes unit testing of system components validating accuracy
of build as defined by specifications.
- Coordinates cross-functional integrated testing and tracking
- Develops comprehensive test plans that cover organizational
business processes affected by implementation.
- Participates in testing using test scripts to validate business
- Participates in development and validation of training
- Participates in training sessions ensuring appropriate
knowledge transfer to end users.
- Participates in go-live event developing detailed plan,
coordinating resources, provides support, training, and
- Provides technical support to system end users functioning as
the primary resource for managing and resolving system issues.
- Maintains software for assigned systems at supportable levels
and communicate available updates and enhancements to end
- Monitors incident tickets and provides timely resolution of
- Maintains detailed system documentation reflecting system
architecture, security, and other requirements as defined in
- Develops project plans for small to medium implementations /
- Participates in change management activities for assigned
- Coordinates optimization activities proactively identifying
improvements that allow end users to function more
- Coordinates resolution of issues requiring cross-functional
teams for resolution.
- Provides leadership and guidance to mentor caregivers in how
interfaces work and can be used within the enterprise.
- Communicates successfully at all levels of the
- Functions independently executing assignments with minimal
- Participates in implementations having high complexity /
- Keeps abreast of current industry developments and trends.
- Advises supervisor of progress on projects and any major
- Understand the Quality Assurance and Improvement Plan and
participate in department activities as requested.
- Perform other assignments as specified by supervisor.
- Has a thorough understanding of information technology and a
good working knowledge of recent developments in software systems,
programming languages, utility software, report writers and query
languages, relational databases, networking, and computer
- Has excellent organizational skills.
- Has experience developing HL7 interfaces on industry standard
integration engine i.e. Health Share, Ensemble, or Cloverleaf.
- Has experience with XML, Java, Web Services, and SQL.
- Good understanding of the Epic system and integration to
- Able to plan and control large scale interface systems and
- Able to gather and document business and information systems
requirements for hospital departments and provide the formal
analysis and design for recommended solutions.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and meet
project timelines with specific deliverables.
- Handles a large volume of changes and adjustments for the
- Is conscientious, accurate, and capable of reacting logically
to unusual or stressful situations and exercise good judgment
- Proficient with the MS Office Professional Family Suite;
Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
- Three (3) to four (4) year experience with Information
Technology application development, training, and implementation in
a healthcare setting.
- Completion of Bridges Epic certification within four (4) months
Education/Experience Preferred: Bachelors or Associates Degree in
Certifications: Epic Bridges
Schedule DetailsDay shift. Salary
Keywords: Reid Health, Dayton , Interface Analyst, Professions , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!