Class A Shuttle Driver
Company: Performance Foodservice-PFG
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Class A Shuttle Driver
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for driving tandem trailers,
tractor trailers and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and
interstate routes for the purpose of transporting empty trailers to
PFG warehouse locations to turn around and deliver full trailers
with various food products (meats, produce, frozen foods,
groceries, and dry goods) to domicile/shuttle yard locations. All
routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all
Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations. The Shuttle Driver communicates and interacts with
customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all
services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work
methods and customer service practices. Functions as a team member
within the department and organization, as required, and perform
any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip)
including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect
tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety
standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety
issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines
and policies. Immediately report any and all safety
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Ensure
all required route paperwork is with tractor trailer load and
available to driver upon dispatch.
- Drive and deliver trailers according to predetermined route
- Perform hook/unhook procedures per safety guidelines. Park and
store tractor trailers in designated areas. Ensure all equipment
and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all
- Collect and secure damaged goods and customer returns in empty
trailer to bring back to driver check-in at base facility and
complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and
remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in
accordance with Federal DOT, state and company
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock
area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
- Health Benefits Day ONE!
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Work required 3rd shift schedule, Sunday-Thursday nights
(schedules may vary)
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background
- Pass road test
- Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
- Foodservice distribution industry experience
- Doubles Endorsement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or
collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity
(EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected
by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please
click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the
"EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay
Transparency Policy Statement.
Keywords: Performance Foodservice-PFG, Dayton , Class A Shuttle Driver, Professions , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!