Supply Chain Specialist
Company: Heidelberg Distributing
Posted on: June 14, 2019
SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
Job title/ Department: Supply Chain Specialist/ Supply Chain
Reports to: Supply Chain Team Leader Pay Grade/ Pay Band: $39,000 +
Bonus Potential Who we are: Become part of a thriving beer & wine
company distributing top brands and delivering excelled
performance. We represent products that celebrate life. Were in a
highly-competitive industry that takes jungle-like thinking to stay
on top. Everyone here is a part of a team- or a pride as the lion
calls its family. We care for our communities and we strive for
continuous improvement. Like Victor, our crest lion, we roar in
every area of our business. Cheers!
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for managing inventory
for a portfolio of suppliers.
- The purpose of the work is to maintain product availability to
our accounts, increase turns, and optimize profitability.
- The portfolio may focus on a Logistics origin and may purchase
for all Heidelberg divisions.
- The Specialist might be responsible to work with a local
division as the point of contact. They should relay information
between the Supply Chain team, Sales, Operations and Logistics
How to Spot Our Leaders (Key Competencies & KPIs)
Corporate: Heidelberg Core Values, Action-Oriented,
Self-Development, Drive for Results
Department: Functional/ Technical Skills, Process Management,
Organizational Agility, Problem Solving
KPIs: Service, Turns
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with Sales: forecasting, program goals, new
- Order, track, manage ETA.
- Oversee inventory plan and execute. Rebalance as needed.
- Review pricing calendars and time purchases to optimize buying
opportunities. Review PO pricing.
- Document the ordering plan for each supplier.
- Review local inventory, oversee incoming and outgoing transfer
- Select routing and PO quantities to optimize freight
- Review lead and transit times, maintain formulas.
- Communicate supplier and logistics issues.
- Maintain item fields in VIP.
Qualifications and Requirements [Include
- BS in Business OR experience in Supply Chain.
- Outlook and Excel required.
- Essential: Ability to multi-task, communication skills,
analytic approach, team player, organized, ambitious, works
independently to achieve success.
- Extra: APICS or ISM certificate
Where Youll Work (Working Conditions [& Dress Code)
- Travel to statewide meetings.
- Core hours of business: Monday thru Friday 8:00am to
- Dress code is business casual. Other restrictions may
While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to
stand; balance; walk; climb stairs, sit; use hands to feel and
handle objects, tools, or controls, including standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines; reach with hands
and arms; talk; hear; and have specific vision abilities including
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to focus.
This position may constitute a key employee position under the
Family and Medical Leave Act.
Keywords: Heidelberg Distributing, Dayton , Supply Chain Specialist, Professions , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!