Master Production Planner
Company: Rittal North America LLC
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Rittal designs and manufactures the world's leading industrial and
IT enclosures, racks and accessories, including high efficiency,
high density power management and climate control systems for
industrial, data center, outdoor and hybrid applications.
This position is responsible for creating the Master Production
Plan at our plant in Urbana, Ohio. It is a critical role in our
Supply Chain group and works cross functional within our
organization. What would our Master Planner be responsible for?
- Create a rolling 6-month Master Production Plan for designated
products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into
consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new
- Make Make-or-Buy decisions in cooperation with plant schedulers
to optimize plant utilization and product availability.
- Work closely with Global Key Account Management and sister
companies in managing global OEM supply chains.
- Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built
into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead
- Integrate customer-supplied forecasts into MRP.
- Perform supply demand analysis each month, highlighting areas
of concern for the next 12 months.
- Develop inventory targets and manage production and purchasing
to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensure
high service levels, i.e. product availability.
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly
- Insure coordination with plant schedulers to execute Production
Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan.
Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production
performance to the requested production schedule.
- Review sales forecast with business manager on a monthly basis,
and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or
- Timely reporting of key metrics.
- Support the SIOP process meetings to review service levels,
performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to
meet demand, and resource implications.
- Provide feedback to production planning regarding changes
needed to ensure continuity of supply. Knowledge & Experience:
- Education Level: (minimum) BA/BS degree. Preferred Areas of
Study: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics,
Operation Research Similar or Related Experience Desired:
- 5 years in Master Scheduling and Inventory Control
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity,
and efficiency measurements
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advance Planning
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) Essential Skills/Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures
including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and
influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise
from balancing multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS office applications. We Offer:
- Generous PTO benefits.
- We have a comprehensive health insurance (Medical, Dental &
Vision) with extremely low premiums
- 6% of your salary contributed to your 401K receives 50% company
- Short-term and long term disability.
- And we also give you free life insurance for you and your
- A fun and interactive wellness plan.
- Flexible spending account
- Optional life, accidental, hospital and critical illness
insurance. If you are seeking to make a difference, working as part
of a future-oriented team, we are looking forward to receiving your
online application. Please find further information via .
Rittal North America LLC is proud to be an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled If you require
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring
process due to a disability, you may contact the company's Human
Resources Department. This option is reserved for individuals who
require accommodation due to a disability.
Keywords: Rittal North America LLC, Dayton , Master Production Planner, Professions , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!