Patient Services Representative
Company: Southwest Ohio ENT Specialists
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Patient Services Representative is the first point of contact for patients, providers and medical office staff.This position will meet and greet patients, prepare daily charts, notify medical office staff of patient's arrival, collect co-pays and schedule appointments.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Answer multiple phone lines, including but not limited, to routing calls appropriately, scheduling appointments and processing cancellations according to practice procedures and guidelines.
- Greets patients and documents their arrival for appointments.
- Uses service recovery techniques and principles when a patient is dissatisfied.
- Register new patients or verify and update established patients' information in the system, including gathering and entering patient insurance information.
- Process patient insurance and identification paperwork.
- Collect co-pays, co-insurance and other payments as needed long with accurately completing end of day reconciliation.
- Process outgoing mail, return mail and courier mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
*EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS*
o High School Diploma or equivalent
o 2+ years of customer experience including face-to-face interactions and heavy phone usage (preferred)
o Minimum 1-year experience in healthcare, medical office or hospital setting (preferred)
o Experience working in a team focused environment
o Competence with computers and the MS Office Suite
*Knowledge & Skills*
o Intermediate-Advance level ability in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
o Ability to communicate and articulate complex information simply.
o Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive attitude.
o Ability to handle a multitude of different situations; sometimes simultaneously.
o Must possess strong organizational skills.
o Maintains a positive, optimistic outlook.
o Has a willingness to be challenged and to gain mastery in new areas.
o Goes the extra mile for others.
o Strong attention to detail.
Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Private practice
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
* Computer skills: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Southwest Ohio ENT Specialists, Dayton , Patient Services Representative, Sales , Dayton, Ohio
here to apply!