Company: Auto Valve, Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the entire range of marketing planning
and development, sales promotion, and sales activities of the
organizational unit. Formulates, recommends, and implements
policies and programs in the areas of sales, pricing, market and
product or service acceptance research, and related activities,
customer relations or advertising.
Strong adherence to the Vision / Mission / Values of Auto-Valve
Key Performance Objectives:
1. Prospect for long-term, value-added growth opportunities that
align with our strategic objectives, resulting in the development
of new customers and achieving the organization's sales and
profitability targets while simultaneously encouraging
collaboration with the AVI team. 30%
2. Build and leverage relationships across all centers of influence
with customers to sustain and expand current work, and grow new
3. Research and understand our customers, competition, and industry
to achieve the highest return on investment of strategic resources.
4. Utilize competitive and market intelligence and collaborate with
the AVI executive team to create a strategy and sales plan for
identifying strategic customers and achieving growth and
Note: Twenty percent of time is reserved for ancillary
responsibilities, interruptions and unplanned activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be
1. Collaborates with Manufacturing and Engineering management to
gain and sustain the thorough understanding of organization
capacity and capabilities in order to gauge viability of new
2. Collaborates with the internal sales efforts of the organization
and utilizes Customer Service Representatives as a resource for
3. Communicates customer design or functionality needs and/or
concerns and assists in developing solutions in collaboration with
internal teams and subject matter experts.
4. Leverages upon connections with industry and non-industry
individuals, buyers, original equipment manufacturers, and
maintenance experts to capitalize on the experience and contact
base of others as a means of generating leads and building
5. Engages with and maintains a positive relationship with
regulatory agencies to elevate AVI to the forefront of
consideration in the generation of new or re-engineered
6. Encourages and seeks opportunities for collaborative efforts,
seeks understanding of issues, anticipates and troubleshoots
problems, and resolves urgent and ongoing matters.
7. Champions the customer's interests in promoting resolutions to
design or contractual issues. Facilitates communication between
internal subject matter experts and customers both pre- and
1. Prospects for potential new clients through active contact,
arranging meetings with client decision makers/Principals, and by
cold calling as appropriate within the market in order to ensure a
robust pipeline of opportunities.
2. Evaluates potential business opportunities by analyzing buying
and product trends, market strategies, deal requirements,
potential, risks, and financials, evaluates options, resolves
internal priorities, and recommends strategies to maximize
manufacturing capacity and drive strong sales.
3. Understands regulatory requirements associated with potential
jobs and assesses and conveys risks associated with compliance to
specifications. Recommends alternate solutions as appropriate when
risk factors outweigh benefits.
4. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying
integration of new ventures with AVI operations and goals.
5. Understands specific customer requirements and specifications,
and translates customer and market intelligence into proposals that
result in contracts supporting the AVI strategic sales plan and
6. Closes new business arrangements by coordinating requirements,
developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract
requirements with business operations.
7. Protects the organization's value by maintaining confidentiality
of both customer and company information.
8. Plans approaches and pitches in advance based upon research of
potential customer business. Develops proposals that address the
specific potential customer's needs, concerns, and objectives.
Adjusts style of approach as appropriate to persuade or negotiate
appropriately with the customer being contacted and presents a
professional and approachable image. Emphasizes agreements, works
to minimize objections and differences to reach a positive
conclusion while maintaining AVI integrity and capability.
9. Attends industry functions, events and conferences, and provides
feedback and information on market and creative trends.
10. Identifies opportunities for campaigns, services, and
distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
11. Utilizes knowledge of the market, current products, and
competitors to identify and develop the company's unique expertise,
selling propositions and differentiators.
12. Tracks and records activity on accounts to drive closure of
deals to meet sales targets.
13. Refreshes and updates job knowledge by participating in
educational opportunities, reading professional publications,
maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional
1. Utilizes competitive and market intelligence to identify
potential opportunities and to create the organization's strategic
sales plan and forecasts to achieve growth and profitability in
collaboration with the leadership team.
2. Participates in the development of the organization's strategic
plan, key performance indicators, and the capital and operating
budgets through the contribution of personal knowledge, market
intelligence, and expertise with the customer base.
3. Assists in the development of the business model, understanding
who the AVI customer is or could be, and presents recommendations
on targeting potential new industries or product lines.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are
core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors
which contribute to the employee successfully achieving the
performance objectives of this job and carrying out the assigned
1. Customer Focus : Consistently places a high value on customers
and all issues related to customer; objectively listens to,
understands and represents customer feedback; anticipates customer
needs and develops appropriate solutions; meets all promises and
commitments made to customers.
2. Teamwork : Respects team members and their individual
perspectives; makes team mission and objectives a priority; works
toward consensus when team decisions are required; meets
agreed-upon deadlines on team assignments and commitments; shares
responsibility with team members for successes and failures; keeps
team members informed regarding projects; supports team decisions;
recognizes and appreciates the contribution of team members;
behaves in a manner consistent with team values and mission;
provides constructive feedback to team and its members; responds
positively to feedback from team members; raises and/or confronts
issues limiting team effectiveness.
3. Goal Achievement : Establishes goals that are relevant,
realistic and attainable; identifies and implements required plans
and milestones to achieve specific business goals; initiates
activity toward goals without necessary delay; stays on target to
complete goals regardless of obstacles or adverse
4. Interpersonal Skills : Strives for self-awareness; demonstrates
sincere interest in others; treats all people with respect,
courtesy and consideration; respects differences in the attitudes
and perspectives of others; listens, observes and strives to gain
understanding of others; communicates effectively; is sensitive to
diversity issues; develops and maintains relationships with many
different kinds of people regardless of cultural differences.
5. Personal Accountability : Accepts personal responsibility for
the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary
blame on others; maintains personal commitment to objectives
regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions; applies
personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in
achieving future successes.
6. Presenting : Communicates effectively to groups. Organizes
information to be presented in succinct, logical sequence. Presents
information in ways that make abstract or complex concepts clear
and understandable. Effectively utilizes a wide range of non-verbal
communication or body contact such as speech inflection, voice
modulation, eye contact, facial expression, and gestures.
Implements a variety of visual and auditory devices to capture and
invoke the audience's sense, participation and interest. Projects
authenticity, confidence, conviction & passion. Appeals to and
engages the heart and mind of the audience. Tailors presentation to
the interests, needs and wants of audiences. Establishes and
delivers content objectives. Communicates in ways that enlighten,
educate, challenge and persuade the audience to think, believe or
behave in a specific way. Is recognized and relied upon as an
Keywords: Auto Valve, Inc, Dayton , Sales Manager, Sales , Dayton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!